Tuesday, October 9, 2007

SF Trip Meal #5: Ebisu

Ebisu has been honored by locals with numerous best sushi awards, making it the perfect spot for my last meal. Rushing to the airport, I didn’t have time to grab a seat at the pleasant sushi bar, but phoned in for a Sushi Dinner to go ($11.99, served with Miso Soup). The spot was bustling, with an inviting classic sushi bar/wood pane décor, friendly waitresses, and some sushi chef’s lording over the bar like they knew what they were doing. This time, my white to-go bag would have to do. Settled by my gate at Oakland International, I was eager to tear into my nigiri. My 8 nicely arranged pieces had been jostled had been scattered around their container and dried out slightly from their trip to the airport. But the quality of the fish still shined through, as did their generous sizes…3 or 4 bites for each! The octopus offered a good snap to it and the mackerel was smoked modestly so the nature of the fish still came through. Japanese omelet was many times larger and tastier than anything I’ve seen on the East Coast.

http://www.ebisusushi.com/

1 comment:

Rhea said...

This is lovely, but don't let it be the end! More Munch!!